Social media is fast becoming a fabric of society and a vital part of our online lives. As more social platforms and applications flourish, it unlocks new and uncharted territories for businesses to explore, promote products and services and connect with new and existing customers. Whether you’re a large organisation, start-up or small to medium enterprise, if your business isn’t on social media, you may be missing out. Here are is everything you need to guide you further on your social journey.
FacebookWith business pages, groups, marketplace, FB advertising, live videos, private messaging, chat, social sharing and over 2 billion users, Facebook is one of the most popular social networking sites and has truly dominated the social and business world.
InstagramFollowing close behind, Instagram is growing like wildfire and has accumulated over 1 billion users. This visual social platform is perfect for promoting your products and services through effective imagery and engaging video content.
LinkedInLinkedIn has fast become the go-to networking site for professionals. Taking elements from other social sites such as video and image sharing, LinkedIn has still managed to stand on its own by keeping its platform for professionals looking to find work, share knowledge, collaborate and connect.
TwitterWith more than 500 million tweets sent each day on Twitter, this smart platform is filled with people exploring links, retweeting, hashtagging and starting endless conversations — allowing many businesses and brands to connect with an engaged audience.
PinterestPinterest attracts users who are searching for inspiration and ideas and is a visual platform where you’ll find DIY guides, products and more. Though not for everyone, Pinterest can still be used as an extra marketing tool if you have a great product.
What is Social Media?Social media is a series of web-based platforms and applications which enables people to share and consume content, information and resources online, interact with each other and is a very useful tool in keeping us connected to one another. It’s literally the world’s biggest virtual playground for consumers and marketplace for businesses, as well as the most accessible and cost-effective way to promote any product or service.
Social Media Platforms – Which one is right for you?
YouTubeAs video content gains even more popularity, YouTube has become the number one platform for watching entertaining and engaging videos. A great place to start your own vlogging or product channel.
Types of Social Media contentQuality and engaging content is more likely to be shared amongst your audience. Below are the types of content you can use to engage, educate or entertain your audience — obtaining loyal followers along the way.
- Videos; with vloggers, YouTube channels and live video feeds, video content is becoming the most popular form of content sharing on social media.
- Articles; you can never underestimate the impact a well-thought-out article or blog post can have on your audience.
- Images; an image speaks 1000 words and when you use imagery which evokes emotion and catches the eye, you’re more likely to get people interested in what you have to say.
- Memes; as much as memes have a time and place when it comes to social media for businesses, a meme will always attract a lot of attention.
- GIFs; GIFs are becoming a popular way to respond to comments on posts.
- Social Media Ads; Social media ads offer scalable content and promotions — turning visitors into new leads and customers.
Social Media for businessYour clients and customers are already talking about you online, so not only does social media allow you to join in the conversation but it also comes with many benefits for your business. Some of these are;
- Improves brand recognition
- Fosters loyalty
- Builds up authority
- Valuable for any sized business
- Key channel for growing revenue
- Connects and engages new and existing customers
- Builds relationships
- Drives traffic to your website
Latest posts by Staff Writer (see all)
- The Top 6 Social Media Questions All Small Business Owners Ask - November 26, 2019
- What to Look for When Partnering Up with Another Small Business - November 26, 2019
- The Small Business Guide to Getting Social - July 23, 2019