Submit Your Blog
Digital Story submission guidelines
Do you have a story you’d like to tell?
We want to hear from you. Send us your blog post.
Digitalstory.com.au is always looking for entertaining, intriguing, informative and/or thought-provoking content to share with out community. We welcome submissions from any writer on almost any topic – from opinions and social awareness campaigns to products, services and businesses, and even recipes, entertainment reviews and weekend escapes.
We don’t pay for contributions, but we do provide a platform for getting your message across. Every blog that is accepted is categorised and classified so we can target your content to the most relevant readers.
All we require is that guest bloggers adhere to the submission guidelines below. To ensure these guidelines are met, every submission will be vetted by administrators before it is added to the site.
What to include
- Blogs should be 500 words or less
- Include heading, author name and a bio of no more than 50 words
- Content must be original
- Blog content may include links to relevant, genuine sites
- Content must include appropriate citations or links for references.
- Good photographs, diagrams, graphs or other images will help readers engage with your story.
- We accept images in all formats accepted by the World Wide Web Consortium (WC3) for web including JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIFF and PNG,
- Every image must include appropriate citations or credit.
What to leave out
We don’t like censorship any more than the next person, but we do want to make sure Digitalstory.com.au remains a welcoming space.
We will not publish articles or comments that include: hate speech, adult or crude content, child abuse imagery, paedophilia, violence, terrorist content, harassment and threats, copyright violations, personal or confidential information, impersonation and misrepresentation, illegal activities, regulated goods and services, spam, malware and viruses.
Every blog will carry a disclaimer advising readers that content and references are the author’s own work and do not reflect the views of Digitalstory.com.au.
As author or blogger, you retain copyright over your story. However, by submitting your blog to our community, you agree to it being published and promoted royalty-free in perpetuity on the Digitalstory.com.au site.